Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Teacher's Day



 Teacher's Day
Dear Mentors of Indus World School

Our  humble pranams to you all on the auspicious occasion of Teachers Day,
It is not very often that you look deep within to even accept and acknowledge the magnificent job you are all doing. Whatever anyone says or assumes as to whether it was by chance or you were by choice in this glorious profession- we would very emphatically state that it was all divinely ordained. It cannot be a chance or choice alone to be able to travel together in this vibrant, dynamic, progressive journey called INDUS WORLD SCHOOL !!! It has been a pride for us to be your co-passengers in this lovely journey of educational excellence.
In this society which is so materialistically oriented- this is possibly the only profession, which time and again reflects the unconditional love between the teacher and the taught.
Ramakant Achrekar was not a better cricketer than Sachin Tendulkar. Yet it was his coaching that showed Sachin to Sachin and in turn showed him to the world. O.M Nambiar was no match to P.T.Usha, but it was he who gave India one of the greatest athletes. The glory of Dronacharya was to have developed Arjuna to the point where Arjuna was able to win the battle with his own teacher. Ramakant Achrekar, O.M Nambiar and Dronacharya were the cause to the effect that Sachin Tendulkar, PT Usha and Arjuna created….
If the cause is removed-nothing remains…
Let me remind you- You are the Cause !!
Friends, it is time you paused and reflected on the tremendous influence that you make on the young generation. You are the embodiment of Ma Saraswati- the Goddess of Learning. Your intangible contribution can only be experienced and inadequately appreciated ( we have been trying hard to do that..)
I, on behalf of the academic council take this opportunity to present to you a self written poem as a tribute to my mentor….
My students cling to me now, the way I did to you then
I hug them tight the way you did,
For I know now what it meant to me then,
It brings back too many memories,
The story of the crow and the canaries,
The firm grip of your hand that helped me know, I can,
A relation above blood and clan.
The metamorphosis from the first faltering letter to the simple flow of a steady pen,
What a beautiful bond did we share, divinely ordained to love and care,
In pain, sorrow and suffering, I went to you complaining,
Pacify you did understanding, though I was never outstanding,
So powerful was your personality, pride it was to be part of your entity,
Unaware of you, so I thought, I hopped behind,
To impress my tiny footprints into your mature ones.
Each time, the reduced difference delighted me
The cruel hurricane of time and pace washed it all off,
And I lost you in the misty world,
I outgrew my shoes, my class, the school, the threshold,
My weary eyes searches thee everywhere, every time,
Now the tired self seeks within, to find your image firmly set in….
My salutations to you Guru …..
May God Bless you and may you continue to touch the lives of thousands of those tender hearts that yearn for that one nod, that one smile from you !!!
Happy Teachers Day !!!
With Best Wishes,
Jayshree Venkatraman on behalf of
Indus Academic Council

No comments:

Post a Comment